Spicy Chicken Soup

This soup is spicy and perfect for a crisp fall night!  It is also very easy to make and inexpensive too.  Hits all my marks for a regular meal.

2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
12 oz grilled chicken breast

Mix together broth & tomatoes in a saucepan. Chop up chicken and add to soup.

This soup makes 2 servings that are about 2 1/2 cups each. You can add 5-6 black olives to get your healthy fat in too!

*Update 11/8* I recently made this soup using canned chicken breast and it turned out great with that too!

Each serving counts as 1 leaner, 3 servings of green , 2 condiments (broth and green chiles)

Calories 345, Fat 6 grams, Carbs 11 grams, Protein 58 grams.


Comments

Sandy's Kitchen said…
This looks delicious. I love spicy foods and by the way thanks for the recipe for spicy cauliflower bake.
EarlGrey said…
4 thumbs up (me and my husband)!! You should write a cookbook!
I recently made this with canned chicken and it turned out great with it too!
lar626 said…
Great blog, I love reading through your recipes! I make a soup similar to this from one of the board recipes, and it adds in 2 laughing cow lite wedges per serving... Try it, it's delish; you get spice and creaminess, and it's amazing.
Thank you for the suggestion! I have this on my menu for the week and I will try adding the LC for sure.
This sounds lovely and really tasty. Thank you for sharing this.

Simon

Popular Posts