Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spicy Chicken Soup

This soup is spicy and perfect for a crisp fall night!  It is also very easy to make and inexpensive too.  Hits all my marks for a regular meal.

2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
12 oz grilled chicken breast

Mix together broth & tomatoes in a saucepan. Chop up chicken and add to soup.

This soup makes 2 servings that are about 2 1/2 cups each. You can add 5-6 black olives to get your healthy fat in too!

*Update 11/8* I recently made this soup using canned chicken breast and it turned out great with that too!

Each serving counts as 1 leaner, 3 servings of green , 2 condiments (broth and green chiles)

Calories 345, Fat 6 grams, Carbs 11 grams, Protein 58 grams.


7 comments:

Sandy said...

This looks delicious. I love spicy foods and by the way thanks for the recipe for spicy cauliflower bake.

EarlGrey said...

4 thumbs up (me and my husband)!! You should write a cookbook!

Cody Jo said...

I recently made this with canned chicken and it turned out great with it too!

lar626 said...

Great blog, I love reading through your recipes! I make a soup similar to this from one of the board recipes, and it adds in 2 laughing cow lite wedges per serving... Try it, it's delish; you get spice and creaminess, and it's amazing.

Cody Jo said...

Thank you for the suggestion! I have this on my menu for the week and I will try adding the LC for sure.

plasterer bristol said...

This sounds lovely and really tasty. Thank you for sharing this.

Simon

Leslie Lim said...

You have some really good ideas in this article. I am glad I read this. I agree with much of what you state in this article. Your information is thought-provoking, interesting and well-written. Thank you.

www.imarksweb.org