Hey all! I am (trying) to get back on the 5 and 1 plan but WOW is it hard. Recommitting and sticking with it is much harder than I thought it would be. I am sorry that every other post I am starting over. I feel like such a failure some days. I have tried all these other crazy diets and none of them work for me. 5 and 1 plan works for me though. I don't know what to do after it to keep the weight off, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Day one again, take 1 million :)
11 Ways to Regain Lost Weight....Fast!
1. Take a break before you get to your goal weight. Your body needs the rest from getting healthier.
2. You deserve to "eat normally". After all, it couldn't possibly be that "eating normally" is what landed you in this mess to begin with.
3. Jump on the compromise train. Once you make the first compromise, it just gets easier and easier for the next ones.
4. If you do regain weight, don't tell anyone. Everyone will be disappointed in you. Your support system is only there for you when you are doing good.
5. Beat yourself up for regaining 20 lbs. It makes the next 40 lbs come back on much easier.
6. If you mess up, take a mulligan for the entire day. And since you are taking a mulligan for the entire day, make it really count. Get all your super indulgent foods and go crazy! All or nothing!
7. Water is over-rated. Diet soda and coffee is all your body really needs.
8. Stop measuring your food. You have been measuring for months now, you can eye ball it. Sure, that looks like about 5 oz!
9. Only count calories when you are "doing good". No need to beat yourself up when you mess up by logging all the calories you ate.
10. Fill your brain with a lot of mental distractions. It makes the acceptance process a lot easier. Focus on anything besides the elephant in the room. No pun intended.
11. Wrap up your identity in weight loss. You are your weight loss. After all, that is what people notice you for. That is what people praise you for. Losing weight is who you are.