1 Month of Medifast

So I just finished my first month of Medifast and I have to say that I am Medifast convert!

I started at 310 pounds on 9/20/2010. I was squeezing into size 24 pants, but really, I should have been wearing 26 pants. I was wearing 22/24 or 3X-4X shirts and none of my bras fit well.

After one month I have lost 20 lbs and weighed in this morning at 290 lbs! I have lost a total of 8 inches. 2 inches from my bust, 3 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips & 1 inch from my upper thigh. Now my clothes are actually fitting me properly, my 4X tops are too big. I am wearing 18/20 & 22/24 tops now. And all my pants are fitting me well. This time next month I hope to report that all my pants are falling off of me!

I do feel fortunate that my first week of Medifast was pretty painless. I had more anxiety then anything about running out of food or that I would be hungry. Praise to God that I did feel satisfied with the food I was eating and my the end of week 2, most of my anxiety was gone. Week 3 was interesting because I did have more cravings, but I do hear that is common. Also in week 3, I really started to feel down about "missing out" on "real food" like Indian, Mexican and Sushi. However by the end of week 4, I realized that I did have an attitude shift about food and I really feel that I am much more emotionally withdrawn from food. I would love to become completely emotionally detached from food, but my emotions and my eating have gone hand in hand for so many years, I am accepting that this is a process.

I also want to thank everyone who has been reading my blog. Being able to share recipes I make with you and know that people are finding it helpful is really helping keep me on track. I love being able to share what I create! It may sound silly, but I think blogging here is a large part of my success so far on the Medifast program.

Have a wonderful on plan night! I am going to head home and heat up left over Spicy Chicken Soup!

God Bless!

Comments

Lyn said…
You are doing great. I agree, Medifast is amazing and helps in more ways than just weight loss. It helps with our mindset too!

Love your blog :)
JJ said…
Fantastic success! Loose clothes, lower numbers on the scale, a spring in your step ~ it all adds up, and it feels fantastic. I love your blog and hope you keep at it - so much inspiration and motivation! Bravo!
JJ, thank you so much for your support. Medifast has a very unique community of support & encouragement. I am so glad that we can encourage and support eachother!

Lyn, I love your blog too! I read your blog like crazy when I was waiting for my first Medifast order and you are very inspiring to me.
Lori said…
Thank you for sharing how you felt the first month. I am finishing my first month today and have felt the same ebbs and flows. Especially, since I started the Monday before Thanksgiving. You don't know how much I appreciate not being the only one to have those feelings.

I need to remember to focus on what I'm gaining by losing.;) By the end of week 3, I had lost 10.2 lbs and 10 total inches (Upper arm-1";Chest-3";Waist-3";Hips-2";Thighs-1"). Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm looking forward to seeing the results of a hard fought week.

Popular Posts