I have been craving some Indian food like crazy since starting Medifast. So I decided to whip this up! I actually made 4 Lean and Green meals to enjoy this week.
Indian Curry Chicken
1.5 lbs frozen boneless skinless chicken breast
2 TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
2 teaspoon Curry Powder
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
Serving Size and Notes:
This makes 4 Lean and Green Meals, but not complete. There is still a couple of ounces of lean and 1 serving of green not used. Please be sure to incorporate this in your diet or increase the recipe.
This exact recipe yielded me: 2 4 ounce servings of chicken, 2 5 ounce servings of chicken, 1.5 healthy fat servings per meal and 2 higher carb green servings per meal.
Please note: there are 4.25 condiments per serving which is over Medifast guidelines.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and scope out seeds
2. Fill a baking dish with 2 inches of water. Vent the squash by slicing with a knife. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.
4. Scope Spaghetti Squash out with a fork.
5. Chop up Green Bell Peppers
6. Healthy saute using 2 TB of water
7. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds
8. Mix together with Spaghetti Squash in a serving dish
9. Mix together olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and curry together in a large zip lock bag.
10. Add chicken and coat well. Let marinade for for 30 minutes.
11. Spray a baking dish with Pam and add chicken. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and weigh chicken into portions. This chicken made 2 5 ounce portions and 2 4 ounce portions.
13. Divide into containers for the fridge!
14. Serve and enjoy!