Week 1 Weigh In, New Products, New Recipe & Valentine!
Yesterday (Sunday) I had my first week weigh in being on my new plan. I am a bit disappointed that I didn't have a loss. I am at 0 lost, 0 gained. There are a few reasons this may be:
1. Maybe my plan just won't work, but I really don't think so. I am still following the 5/1 just using different products.
2. My carb intake has gone down on many days from what it was. I am not sure if this will negatively impact weight loss, but that has changed.
3. My calorie intake has gone up as much as 200 calories per day. I am still under 1200 every day and given the amount of exercise I am doing, I plan to keep this.
4. That special time of the month. Yeah, it is here and this has been a huge culprit for me and others for a 0 or low weight loss week.
5. I am gaining muscles! I have been able to increase the weight on all my strength training exercises by 10-15 lbs. So that is proof right there that I am gaining muscle! This is a huge victory for me & is enough to not really mind the 0 pound week.
I have to say that if I was still on Medifast and had a 0 pound week, I would be crushed. I felt a lot of pressure on Medifast to lose weight as fast as possible due to the expense. This is why I didn't do strength training earlier. I didn't want to do anything that would make me stay on Medifast longer. Now that I have greatly reduced the amount I am spending on meal replacements products, I am much more at ease to focus on NSV (non-scale victories) like being able to increase the weight I am lifting. Without the added financial pressure, I am realizing that this is about my overall health, not just losing weight. When I get to goal, I want to have a strong, fit body. That is really most important.
New Products Updates
I found the Seapoint Farms Dry Roasted Edamame at my local grocery store. I have to say that the jury is still out on them. I do not like the Lightly Salted flavor, but it might be good if I put a few in a salad. The Wasabi ones are okay, the flavor is pretty good. I will be eating those for lunch today as a meal, so we will see.
My new favorite thing to eat is Chocolate Peanut Butter Yogurt I think I am addicted to PB2!
Happy Valentines Day!
Thank you to everyone for your support. I really appreciate my readers :)