16 oz fat free cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp cream of tartar
10 packets of Splenda
Yield: 60 rolls (use 2 rolls to use as a bun)
2 rolls: 100 calories, 2 g carbs, 6 g fat, 8 g protein
For Take Shape for Life/Medifast Users:
2 rolls is 1/3 lean & 1.33 condiments
You need to add 2/3 Lean to your day.
4.6 oz of fish or shrimp from leanest category
4 oz of chicken, turkey or fish on the learner category
3.33 oz of lean beef, lamb or other meat from lean category
2 whole eggs
1 1/3 cup Egg Beaters
2 Morningstar Farm or Boca Hamburger Patties
The rolls can be stored in the fridge for 1 week or frozen. These reheat very well in a toaster oven.
This is modified from Sandy's Kitchen recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. I found this AWESOME parchment paper/foil combo called Martha wrap. Since this recipe is so big, it took a few trips in the oven. I was able to reuse the paper for all the rolls! Also, one of my frustrations with normal parchment is how it curls, but since there is foil on one side of the Martha wrap, it is shape-able. Buy some!!
2. Separate the egg whites and egg yolks. The easiest method for this is to crack all the eggs into a large mixing bowl. With a spoon, remove each yolk and set aside in another large mixing bowl. Here is the method for separating the egg whites: http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com/2011/02/22/simple-and-easy-way-to-separate-egg-yolk-from-egg-white/
2. Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until the whites form stiff peaks. I have a KitchenAid stand mixer & just leave it beating the whites while I do the next steps.
3. Add yolks, Splenda and cream cheese to food processor. Blend until smooth.
4. Carefully fold the egg yolks into the egg whites. Don't mix too much because it will cause the egg whites to collapse.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, form 6 rolls per cookie sheet.
6. I like to have a top roll and a bottom roll like this:
So I put 1/2 the rolls on the top oven rack and half on the bottom rack. If you want all your rolls to be tops, then use the higher oven rack position.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until they are golden. Cool on a wire cooling rack.