Low Carb Buffalo Crack Slaw

I found a recipe and really wanted to make it Take Shape for Life On Plan.  I asked Nutritional Support and this is what they gave me:


Low Carb Buffalo Crack Slaw


2lb cooked, 95%-97% lean ground beef (5 Leaner Lean Options)
1/2 tsp onion powder (1 Condiment)
1/2 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
1/4 tsp salt(1 Condiment)
1/4 tsp black pepper (1/2 Condiment)
1.5 pound cabbage (16 Green Options)
1 tsp garlic, minced (1 Condiment)
2 tbsp sesame oil (6 Healthy Fats)
2 tbsp soy sauce (6 Condiments)
2 tbsp Frank’s hot sauce (1 Condiment)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (1/6 Condiment)
2 tsp Splenda (2 Condiment)
1/2 tsp red pepper, crushed (optional) (1 Condiment)


Total: 5 Leaner Lean Options, 16 Green Options, 15 Condiments, 6 Healthy Fats)
Total/Serving: 1 Leaner Lean Option, 3 Green Options, 3 Condiments 1 Healthy Fat



Instructions:
1. In a large frying pan, brown ground beef. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Remove ground beef from pan, and set aside. Leave oil in the pan.
2. Add garlic, sesame oil, and cabbage to pan. Cook until cabbage begins to brown.
3. Add soy sauce, Frank’s, apple cider vinegar, sucralose, and red pepper to frying pan. Return ground beef to pan, and heat for two minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, is this 5 meals?

Sounds delicious!
Yes, 5 meals! I think this is perfect to cook ahead for your Lean and Green meals for the week.
Anonymous said…
Since this is for 5 meals, what's the best way to measure out 1/5? Thanks
Personally I would mix it all together and weigh it on a food scale.
Unknown said…
I made this tonight so I am planned ahead for a couple days L&G. It tastes great and is super filling. I thought it was going to be a long one to cook but it's very deceiving. I used 2 Splenda packets instead of teaspoons as I'm not a big sweetener lover, either for sugar or a sucralose sweetner. Doesn't matter. I measured on the food scale as suggested which worked great. Thanks again for all your creativity Cody!
Melanie said…
Do you think this could be made in a crockpot? And if so, for how long and what, if anything, would need to be changed to accommodate?

Popular Posts