Results of Week 1 of Eating Healthy Carbs

Yesterday was my first weigh in after a week of switching from a low carb diet to eating healthy carbs.  I met my goal weight loss for week of 2 lbs!  I was pretty nervous about how my body would react to the change in diet and adding in so much exercise, but I feel great!  I have so much more energy that has allowed me to be a lot more active.

The past week wasn't perfect, but here is the highlight reel:

The Good: I burned 3465 calories last week by exercise alone! That is an average of 495 calories calories a day burned.

On Sunday I went to my Grandpa & Uncle's birthday party and I had the best piece of chocolate cake with cherries and frosting. It was the first time since September that I have had a sweet indulgence.  The reason this is under the good section, besides the fact that it was fabulous cake? I ate a very small piece and didn't go back for seconds on cake.  Victory for me!

The Bad: Even though I had a good loss, I need to work on getting my net calories and fat a bit lower.
My average daily net intake is:
Calories - 2,235
Carbs - 222
Fat - 86
Protein - 146
Fiber - 40

The Ugly: Tamales, Chimichangas, Burritos, oh my!  I need to avoid Mexican restaurants still at this point because I can't walk out of one without eating at least 1,000 calories! I proved that 2 times over the week!

Resolution for the Next Week: No eating out! Workout for at least 45 minutes 5 times this week.

I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I hope that she will do another body composition test and maybe an indirect calorimetry (figures out your BMR) test.  I got these done when I was 295 and would love to compare the results.

Stay tuned!

Comments

Blogger said…
With bistroMD you know that not only will you receive delicious entrees, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss program is balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform to promote an healthy diet.

STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
STEP 2 - Take a look at your menu in advance and pick the meals you desire for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan online.
STEP 4 - Your meals are delivered to your doorstep.

GET STARTED NOW - delivered to your home.

Popular Posts