Thursday, April 28, 2011

Alive and Kicking!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately - things have been busy in life!  My husband had knee surgery last week and is recovering well. Finishing up some big projects at work, but the tail end of a big project always means working evenings and nights.  Hope these calm down a bit going into summer.

As far as diet, I have been wavering some more.  I am not feeling well when I am eating under 100 carbs, so I am trying 40% of my calories from carbs, 30% from protein and 30% from fat.  Based in a 1600 calorie diet (which is the bottom of my non-medically supervised weight loss zone) that means 160 g carbs, 120 g protein and 53 g fat.  I realized that I really only know 2 ways to eat.  Strict Medifast and no rules eat whatever I want.  I am need to learn how to eat correctly and cut myself some slack if I mess up.

I got the Hungry Girl 300 under 300 cookbook and really love it!  I made the All-American Egg Mug today.  It is 1 Morningstar Farms Sausage Patty, 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 1 TB SF Pancake Syrup & a slice of American Cheese (I used 2% though HG calls for fat free). Great filling breakfast for about 200 calories!

2 comments:

Kim C said...

Low fat cheese is a million times better than fat free.

Cody Jo said...

I totally agree! It tastes better & costs less too :)