Review: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

I have had a craving for Fettuccine Alfredo, so I decided to try making it Medifast friendly.  I have to say that it really wasn't very good, but I did finish it.

This is what I used to make it:
Walden Farms Alfredo Sauce
House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Noodles
6 ounces of Grilled Chicken
1 packet Pizza Hut Crushed Red Pepper Flakes


The Walden Farms Alfredo sauce is lacking in flavor & texture.  It is very watery and not creamy at all.  I want to try using some of it to make Shrimp Alfredo that Sandy made in her blog and hopefully that will be tasty.

I was also disappointed with the Shirataki noodles.  I have used Shirataki noodles in soup and very much enjoyed that, but they did not have a good texture to be such a main part of the meal.  I think I will save the Shirataki noodles for soup and wait for Alfredo until maintenance.

I added crushed red pepper flakes to try to save my Fettuccine Alfredo and it did help. I don't think I will try making this again.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I would have tried mixing a MF dab of cream cheese to the sauce. I will still try this and tweek it a bit. Thanx 4 sharing.
Ikkin said…
So...that kinda sucks...cause I bought the noodle thingies & almost got the sauce...glad I didn't!!!!!

But you'll figure something out, you always do :)
Try the noodles in this: http://newbeautifulme.blogspot.com/2011/01/chicken-noodle-soup.html
Sandy's Kitchen said…
I actually liked the sauce but I don't really like the noodles. I never tried it with chicken though just shrimp. I wonder if it makes a difference?
Sandy, I want to try the recipe you posted with the rest of the sauce and see if I like it better. I want to like it!
Good morning Cody Jo!! I tried the zucchini "noodles" with the laughing cow herb cheese wedge and a little chicken broth to make creamy.....it was YUMMY!! Just an option for next time!! :O)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! I was getting excited about the sauce....glad I didn't order it yet!! :O)

Happy Tuesday!!
Stacey
Thanks everyone for the tips! I am going to try this again and mix in some laughing cow cheese and use zucchini noodles. Zucchini are a healthier option anyway. I will let you all know how it goes. Maybe it will end up as a new recipe :)

Popular Posts